The Sinclair School of Nursing of the University of Missouri is recruiting for an APRN (CNS or NP) to work in a federally-funded research effort known as the Missouri Quality Initiative for Nursing Homes (MOQI). The primary role of this position is to assess and monitor the health status of long-term care residents at a St. Louis area nursing home. This unique opportunity will allow the APRN to utilize their existing knowledge and skills to influence the care of older adults. The findings from this research will be used to impact national policy related to the institutional care of older adults.
This is a full-time position with benefits from the MU system.
• Diagnosing and managing acute episodic and chronic illnesses of residents in the assigned nursing home;
• Maintaining working relationships with attending physicians and the medical director of the nursing home, leading to enhanced communication about the health status of residents and improved outcomes of care;
• Recognizing and managing condition changes among the residents enrolled in the project to reduce potentially avoidable hospitalizations;
• Educating and role modeling for nursing home staff in the use of early illness detection skills and use of INTERACT tools;
• Retaining a working knowledge of quality improvement practices, latest clinical evidence-based practices in nursing and healthcare, and evidence-based organizational improvement practices;
• Influencing and facilitating the implementation of strategies and approaches to promote system and process changes in the nursing home.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.