A full-time (9-month), experienced Licensed Nurse Practitioner or Physician's Assistant for the position of Director of The Student Health Clinic in The Wellness Center. The Director will provide confident and trustworthy clinical leadership; expert medical administration, including the supervision and management of direct patient care. The Director will be a key member of the Wellness Center, dedicated to offering holistic healthcare with outstanding programs, services, and initiatives that promote the well-being of the Westminster community. The Director of The Student Health clinic will work as a strategic partner with the Associate Dean / Executive Director of The Wellness Center in accomplishing the vision of a student-centered and integrated approach to health and wellness.
Under general direction from the Associate Dean / Executive Director of The Wellness Center and in collaboration with the Clinic Coordinator, the Director of The Student Health Clinic will
- Oversee the operations of The Student Health Clinic including management of administrative, operational, personnel and financial responsibilities.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures that are consistent with professional regulations and statutes, as well as best practices of health centers in this country.
- Provide strategic leadership and planning, management, and evaluation of the center's programs and services.
- Partner with other Student Life areas; academic units across the College; and medical and mental health resources in the community to provide services to students.
- Serve on campus committees and task groups as deemed appropriate by the Associate Dean of Student Life/Executive Director of The Wellness Center.
- Provides consultation to campus constituents regarding college student health issues.
- Provide crisis intervention and response to campus emergencies.
The Wellness Center:
Westminster College is unique in the sense that we are a small and close-knit community which allows us to attend to all students mental, physical, and emotional needs while they are away from home with personal attention and care. The Wellness Center is compromised of The Student Health Clinic, Counseling Services, Nutrition Services, and Wellness Programming and is staffed by caring health professionals who provide individual consultations for personal, social, family, academic, and health concerns. Given this holistic perspective, students are able to receive specialized and tailored services that meet their specific needs in one office. Some of the unique services that we offer to student at no additional cost include: individual, group, and couples counseling, one-on-one consults with a registered dietician, BASICS an alcohol reduction program, tobacco cessation program, training to become a certified peer health educator, and walk-in appointments to see a nurse practitioner to service all health needs.
Mission Statement: The Wellness Center supports the college learning environment by providing the highest standard of care in the provision of health, psychological services, and activities. The Wellness Center actively engages in promoting the development of healthy lifestyles, psychological functioning, leadership in a global community, and acquisition of problem-solving and decision-making skills. The Wellness Center serves as an educational resource to the students, faculty, staff, parents, alumni, and board of trustees in the Westminster College community.
At the Wellness Center, we celebrate and affirm the differences among people from all walks of life. We embrace a definition of diversity that includes but is not limited to ethnic/racial identity, sexual orientation, age, sex, religious beliefs, socioeconomic status, gender identity, nationality, shape/size, and differences in physical ability. Our commitment to serve students and the campus community is built on the framework of our values as a multicultural agency that affirms the uniqueness and potential of individuals and that strives towards promoting social justice for all persons.
- Respect for diversity and individuality
- The importance of balancing academic, personal, and social pursuits
- The integrity and responsibility of individual choice
- Advocating for social justice and human dignity
- Provides direct health care services to all students, faculty, and staff including diagnosis, treatment, referral for consultations or specialty services, follow-up care, and on-call emergency consultation. Complies with federal regulations, HIPAA, recommendations of collaborating physician, and best practices.
- Directs the college's health service activities by administering and overseeing all medical service functions, including the development of policies and procedures, delegating and supervising staff, and management of the clinic budget.
- Keeps the Associate Dean of Student Life/Executive Director of The Wellness Center apprised by preparing reports as required by the college and by communicating formally and informally with them regarding campus health issues and trends.
- Collaborates with The Student Health Clinic professional, support, and student staff either directly or indirectly and delegates responsibilities to experienced staff as deemed necessary by the Associate Dean/Executive Director.
- Supervises the creation, security, maintenance and storage of confidential medical records.
- Coordinates crisis intervention and response protocol in emergency situations.
- Consults with and provides training for administration, faculty, staff, alumni, parents and others on physical health issues relevant to campus life.
- Provides health education/outreach programming including but not limited to teaching, campus presentations, flyers, training of key student groups, and orientations events. Directs marketing strategies to promote the awareness of a healthy campus climate and services available in The Wellness Center.
- Serves on the College's Threat Assessment Team, Emergency Planning Committee and other committees as deemed necessary.
- Assists the Associate Dean of Student Life/Executive Director of The
Wellness Center in development of effective, strategic planning to
address campus health issues and success of The Wellness Center.
Collaborates with The Student Health Clinic professional, support, and student staff either directly or indirectly by delegating responsibilities to experienced staff as deemed necessary by the Associate Dean/Executive Director.
Education requirements include a minimum of a master's degree in nursing or related field. The candidate must possess a license as a nurse practitioner or physician assistant in the State of Missouri in addition to a National board nurse practitioner certification. Three to five years of related experience and one to three years of managerial/supervisory experience with exposure to budget management, strategic planning, and record keeping preferred.
Skills needed include the ability to exhibit excellent clinical judgment and to analyze complex scenarios when dealing with mental and physical health emergency situations. Must possess strong cultural competency and the ability to work with diverse constituencies. Excellent communication skills are essential, along with a high level of organization, leadership and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will exhibit a strong professional identity, a collaborative style, and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
This is a full-time, exempt, benefits eligible position with a 9-month schedule paid over 12 months.
To apply: Submit a cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae, and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled with a start date beginning as soon as possible.
Westminster College is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Westminster College actively pursues the goal of inclusive excellence.