REPORTS TO: Regional Director of Clinical Operations or Nurse Administrator or Senior Case Manager or Case Manager
Provides services to clients in accordance with the state-specific Nurse Practice Act, Agency policy, and accepted professional standards of practice
Provides nursing services utilizing a comprehensive base of nursing theory and nursing process, and communicates/documents observations and assessments
Graduate of a state-approved school of professional nursing.
Current, unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) of practice
Minimum of one (1) year experience as an RN in an acute care setting or equivalent
Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and in good repair
Good driving record
Current CPR certification
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Initiate actions independently and responsibly to improve the quality of client care
2. Perform client visits as assigned to provide skilled interventions with a focus for achieving realistic client outcomes within a specified time period
3. Provide ect care and assign and/or delegate functions according to education and demonstrated competence
4. Act as client advocate
5. Assess and evaluate health status of assigned clients:
a. Collect objective and subjective client information
b. Analyze, report and record data
c. Validate, refine and modify data
6. Utilize all data to entify and document current health care needs of assigned clients
7. laborate with client, family/others, and other members of the healthcare team to entify client needs, and establish realistic goals of care
8. Review plan of care on a regular basis to evaluates client response to plan, prioritize needs and modify plan to meet client’s current needs:
a. Cultural, ethical, spiritual aspects and decisions regarding treatment
b. Plan interventions to support human functions and maintain hygiene in a comfortable and safe environment
c. Align with community resources as indicated for appropriate care
9. Verify medical orders are accurate, properly authorized and without contraindication.
10. Administer prescribed medications and IV therapy or provide client/family/other education regarding self-administration.
11. Develop, initiate, and document plan to provide client/family/other education and counseling.
12. Evaluate home environment and initiate plan to ensure a safe environment.
13. Institute standard policies and procedures to stabilize clients in an emergency situation.
14. Demonstrate competence with technical nursing skills according to personal and legal scope of practice:
a. Assessment skills as applied to the client, family/support system, and environment
b. Teaching/counseling skills
c. Realistic and measurable goal setting
d. Evaluate client’s medications for potential interactions, duplication, adverse effects and non-compliance e. Initiate appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures
15. Practice nursing with respect for individual, cultural, and spiritual differences
16. Communicate interventions and client response to interventions effectively and in accordance with Agency requirements
a. Report significant changes in client condition and needs to physician and other members of the team in a timely manner
b. Maintain client records and clinical notes, showing systematic assessment, planning intervention and evaluation
c. Coordinate services for the client as needed
d. Participate in team meetings and clarify individualized reporting responsibilities with all new assignments
e. Document legibly and according to Agency documentation guidelines and standards
17. Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job
18. Promote personal safety and a safe environment for clients and coworkers
a. Demonstrate knowledge of safety/infection control practices by complying with established policies and procedures
b. Recognize and respond appropriately to potentially unsafe situations
c. Demonstrate safe practice in the use of equipment.
d. Assess environmental safety and take initiative to prevent accidents and promote safety.
e. Evaluate the home for its suitability for client care
f. Notify case manager of need for review and/or training related to equipment, procedures, safety or infection control practices
19. Initiate delegation of tasks to only those with verified skills and only for clients that are
stable and where the outcome of the delegated task is predictable: